An American In Italy

A semester spent in Europe... Rome, specifically.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Some pictures

Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with my journal writing like I ought (I have notes, but no significant entry yet). However, I do have two sets of pictures -- one from Sperlonga (which merits an entry before the pictures get posted), and Positano on the Amalfi coast south of Naples. This also merits a journal entry (best food ever tasted was at the ristorante da Constantine -- Renee cried), but the pictures also stand alone. Ecco:

This is a random picture of the best bruschetta we've ever had ... with Dan in the background. (That's water)
Renee so happy she's crying ... "This is like ... St. Peter's! But less hungry!"
The view that greeted us as we woke from our hostel Saturday morning.
And again
Amy and Terry at the table
The other side
Me and the view from the hostel
The city ... which looked to be carved from the mountainside.
The streets ... so narrow, almost got hit by a bus twice. INCHES. I saw my life flash before my eyes.
But I'm glad I got to live ... just to see this
Dan and the view
Me and the view
The main piazza before the beach... deserted, early in the morning
The town as viewed from the beach
The main church there had a few broken tablets on the side... I was very interested in the carving of a chalice, so I, like the nerd and wannabe archaeologist I am, broke out pencil and paper and took a rubbing and a picture of it. Here's the picture.
A silly picture of us posing on the beach
My friend Renee insisted on this picture ... the wall was pretty.
I, in turn, insisted upon this picture.

Leaving for Florence and Assisi early tomorrow morning ... will be back on Sunday. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home