An American In Italy

A semester spent in Europe... Rome, specifically.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The more I read about it, the more I fall in love with France. I think I'll marry a French millionaire and have a mansion somewhere in the middle of the French countryside, and all our children will grow up speaking French and English and they'll have these adorable little French accents when they speak English. And they'll all go to school in France except for college because they'll all go to West Point, except the two girls and three boys who are going to become Carmelite and Dominican sisters and Dominican priests. Every Sunday we'll go to church at the local monastery where they make cheese and say Mass in Latin and I'll get up every day to go listen to them chant lauds and every evening to hear matins and I'll wear a veil and with my small children in tow, I'll look very pious. Also, my husband will buy me lots of diamonds, and a horse. And a horse with diamonds. And a diamond-horse.

And a sportscar. A really fast, zippy sportscar.

That was like a scene out of a 19th-century novel until the sportscar part. I like the part about the sportscar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home